The Crab is another harmonic pattern that is derived from the Gartley pattern. The special thing about it is the long XA and CD swings. The point D is far away and lies beyond the starting point X. This is what differentiates the Crab from other harmonic patterns.
Here are the key parameters of a Crab pattern:
- Point B is at the 38.2-61.8% retracement of XA.
- Point C can be at the 38.2%-88.6% retracement of AB.
- Point D can be found at the 224%-316% extension of AB or at the 161.8% extension of XA. The closer D is to the 161.8% extension of X, the stronger is the signal of this pattern.
How to trade
The entry is at the point D. Always wait for the market to reverse from CD before opening your trade. Take Profit may be at 61.8% of CD (TP1), and 127.2% of CD (TP2). Put a Stop Loss in line with your rules of risk management.
Let's see how a Crab pattern may look on the chart. The point B is at the 61.8% retracement of XA. The point D is near the 161.8% extension of the XA.
এই সেকশনের অন্যান্য আর্টিকেল
- What does ‘truncation’ mean?
- Leading diagonal pattern
- Wolfe waves pattern
- Three drives pattern
- Harmonic patterns
- Motive and corrective waves. Wave degrees
- Intoduction to Elliott Wave analysis
- How to trade breakouts
- ফরেক্স ট্রেডিং নিউজ
- How to place a Take Profit order?
- Risk management
- How to place a Stop Loss order?
- টেকনিক্যাল ইনডিকেটরঃ ডাইভারজেন্স ট্রেডিং